It's springbreak, and since it was a beautiful day, I sent the kids out to play. I had to stay inside and feed Hannah, so I told them I would leave the window open, that way I could hear what they were doing.
Time goes by, I hear Aleana singing and playing "pretend" in the corner of the yard, and I hear Trent come inside and go back out with his dump truck. I hear him playing in the dirt and making car noises. Then, I hear him come inside and grab a ball. He goes back outside and plays fetch with Sasha. Then all of the sudden I hear Aleana scream "Trent, Stop it! Quit chasing me! Mom! Trent, that's gross! Mom! Trent get away from me!" Then I hear Aleana take a b-line for the deck and run up the stairs straight into Hannah's room where I am still feeding her. Short of breathe Aleana continues to tell me what "no good" Trent was up to.
When Trent had come back into the house to grab the ball, he also grabbed his "claw". You know, those things you hold onto, and at the end of the stick there is a claw that grabs things when you squeeze the handle...Anyway, he took that outside. Sometime during "playing fetch with Sasha" he made four discoveries.
Discovery #1: a dead rat. The cat had brought it on the deck as a "trophy" for us to see. I didn't see it, but evidently Trent found it.
Discovery #2 - the claw can do anything - including picking up a dead rat. He proceeded the pick up the rat and "examine" it.
Discovery #3 - Girls don't like dead rats. Trent, then decided to show Aleana this rat. Aleana obviously didn't think the dead rat was as cool as he thought it was.
Finally Discovery #4. How to make girls scream. Trent figured out how much Aleana didn't like his "pet" rat, and proceeded to keep showing it to her. When she started to scream, he then continued to chase her and laugh :)
While, I too, think dead rats are just plan nasty, I had to laugh. Boy, he sure has her number doesn't he?! After all was said and done, I did make him come inside and wash his hands 3 times. There will be no nasty dead rat germs in this house! :) I love my Trent!
5 comments:
Welcome! I am glad to see you have joined. That makes two newcomers from family this week. My sister also decided to join. It is a wonderful way to keep in contact with others and keep a personal log or journal of happenings in your family. Anyway, love the pictures! Look forward to seeing more and hearing more stories!
Trent! He has always been such a boy!
Love ya
Aw, I love Trent!! He's like the perfect little brother, tormenting Aleana to no end :) haha, I love it!
I knew there was a reason the Lord gave me two girls ;)
Aleana is surely going to need the help of her little sister to stay even with ole trenter's. :)
Sheri! So fun to have "found" you after all these years! You beat me to three kids, huh? Man, you're fast, girl!
Gotta love the brother/sister interactions, huh? Lots of fun! :)
Post a Comment