Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day

Trace-babe

The Top 10 things I Love About You

10. You are never afraid to just be you. You have integrity. You are honest with yourself and others and you are never too good or too cool to be a goofball :)

9. You are always up for a challenge. Whether it is at work or with the family - when you see something that needs to be done you tackle it head on. When someone is hurt you don't hesitate to give a hug, wipe away tears, or break out the first aid kit, even if it is just a scratch.

8. Since the day I met you...you have been my optimistic soul. You have this way of seeing people. Fully knowing their faults, you choose to see the good. If a situation seems hopeless and bleak and gray, you seem to always find the silver lining. I have to admit, at first, I found this trait to be a little annoying. But as time has gone by, I have learned to lean on that optimism, because goodness knows, I have a hard time finding it on my own.

7. You work hard and play hard. Just as with everything in your life, you always give 110%. Playing is no different :)

6. You have a beautiful heart. You are kind and loving, and your eyes sparkle. You mean the world to me.

5. You listen to me tell the same stories over and over again. I love to talk to you, even if the conversations sometimes seem to repeat themselves. You never get sick of listening to me (or at least you're smart enough not to say so out loud) :)

4. You like to laugh. I love to laugh with you.

3. You love playing with the kids...so much so, sometimes I think you are one of them. You have an endless supply energy - enough for the both of us!

2. You are an amazing husband. I know that I don't tell you enough (usually because I am busy nagging about something and yes, I do promise to work on that...). I am so glad we found each other. You are my best friend. I love you!

1. You are the coolest dad ever! I love watching you. From holding each of our children for the first time to making them "fly like superman", I am in awe. There is something so simple and sweet, yet so powerful. The love you have for our beautiful Aleana, Trent and Hannah is endless. How blessed I am to be part of this fun adventure you call life :)

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you are an excellent writer! I'm just trying to figure out who you're writing about. :) Does this qualify as one of your Joy Moments for the month? Being a Dad is the greatest calling I will ever have next to being married to you. I hope and pray I am doing as well as you say ... at least you have given me high standards to live by. Thanks!

Rule #1 - Have Fun!

Love you mucho zambucho,
Simba

The Giles Files said...

mucho zambucho?...You're nuts and that why I love you!

DeAynne said...

Sheri: What a beautiful tribute. Thank you for sharing. Our "dads" are great!!! Take care.