Monday, August 18, 2008

Which way to go? Idaho.


Well, this past month has been full of changes for us. We've been to reunions, 4 different states, packing, and most importantly, we have moved to Idaho. Why Idaho, you may ask? It is where we felt the Lord wanted us to be. No, we didn't take a dart and fling it at a map, or spin around three times and point to "home" (although that would have made life a little exciting - as if I need anymore of that...), we just feel like this is what we are supposed to do. I am not going to lie. It has been scary and exhausting and frustrating. But even with all the craziness, I feel at peace and as complicated as everything is, life just seems to be more simple now. It is what we have needed to do, we just didn't know it. Everything happened to so fast, which I am grateful.

With that being said, Tracy doesn't have a job just yet, but we are in serious job hunting mode. He has already registered for the ABCTE program, to get his teacher certification. He has been to Boise State to get started on the GI Bill process and as well as getting grad school going. As soon as he gets certified (about 4 months) we'll hunt for teaching jobs.

As for me and the kids, we are unpacked and have pictures hung and everything. O' happy day! School start this week. Aleana will be in third grade, and Trent starts AM Kindergarten. I can't believe that my babies are that big. Hannah is growing and it has been so much fun to what her discover things. But my favorite is still her smile. She melts my heart. I just weaned her to a bottle this past week (boy that was an experience). Although I am really sad to have that separation, I must admit, it's really nice have my body back to myself.

Besides moving, we have been able squeeze some fun in there. In July, we went to Tracy's family reunion in Park City, UT. I was pretty much busy with the baby, but Tracy and the kids were able to get some hiking in. We also went to the Alpine Slides, played softball at the park, and just hung out. It was really nice to see everyone. The kids especially enjoyed seeing all of their cousins.



Above: Trent in his natural habitat :)

Below: Trent, Grandpa Giles, and Kelsey


We also took family pictures while we were there and managed to snap a few of our own. The first is our Drama Queen throwin' some attitude. The second, I just really liked and the third is of Trent and Troy. Troy is only a few weeks older that Trent. They had a lot of destructive fun together :)

2 comments:

Cash Family said...

Wow Sheri! Sounds like things have been crazy for you guys! The kids are all getting so big and so adorable. I can't believe how big Hannah is already! I'll email you some pictures of Savannah sometime soon. I'll keep you guys in my prayers as far as job hunting goes.

Meg and Jeremy said...

Wow you have had some big changes too! Where in Idaho are you living? My sister is in Mountain Home just south of Boise. She went to the open house too. If your close we will have to try to get together next time I go up that way. If you want you can email me at megneff@msn.com