Monday, November 16, 2009

Blogger Burnout

Lately, I keep thinking that I need to update my blog.

I have plenty of ideas and about 100 pictures that still need to be downloaded from the camera. I keep telling myself as soon as the pics get downloaded, I will post something. But the truth is, even if there were new pictures to post, I wouldn't. Why, one might ask? Well, I think I am suffering from an acute attack of "Blogger Burnout".

I don't know, it maybe that I am just tired. Or it could be that I would rather take a nap (which I insist is like my own version of Prozac - it keeps me happy - to other's benefit I might add). Lack of time might be the problem. Having three kids, and one on the way...school activities, church activities, chores, homework...

Maybe, it's because it's already November. Christmas season is quickly coming upon us and I have been trying my hardest to get all my shopping done BEFORE Thanksgiving. (Rather ambitious, I know - a girl can dream, can't she?) I hate shopping at the stores (oh the holy grail of internet shopping...I don't even have to get out my pj's...) And I hate crowds but I LOVE getting a good deal. So Black Friday comes, and as always, it tempts me with its' good deals and steals in which it unfailingly succeeds...managing to wrangle me out of bed at an unimaginable hour. (You know "the hour", the one when the sun points it's finger at me and shouts "sucker" after it realizes that I was awake first). But this year, it will be different because I am prepared...I could blame my lack of blogging activity on the Holiday season and my current drive to get everything done, but that wouldn't be true either.

The truth is, I am getting sick of blogging. Did I just say that?!? (Blogger please do not zap my computer...) Don't get me wrong - I really enjoy reading everyone else's blogs - seeing cute pics, reading funny stories, getting new recipes to try, even getting cute crafty ideas. But, I just don't have the desire to blog anymore. I originally started this to update my friends and family about our little family life and to document it for my kids. But now, I have too many ideas that I want to blog about - like writing stories, and sharing experiences, voicing my opinions, and venting. The problem is there is just too much. So much, that I don't want to do any of it - because it takes too much time. Grrrr.

Does anyone else suffer from this?

4 comments:

Ironygirl said...

I definitely do!

Life as a Greenstreet said...

first, I some how missed your last post and I am sure you are very grateful! Heatlthy, full term babies are nothing short of a miracle...MIRACLE! You must be quite a woman to swallow all you've been through...

I too get sick of blogging. But, when I do I go back and read what I wrote a year ago, or now even 2 years ago and it motivates me to keep going....no matter what form. I'm so glad I have this "written" record for our family and I have to remember that that's WHY I blog- otherwise I probably would have quit a LOOONNGG time ago.

Kudos on getting all that holiday shopping done. Well done....I kind of like the rush of it. I said kind of.

DeAynne said...

Sheri, if you check my blog it has been since June that I last posted. And people keep nagging me. However, it isn't that I don't WANT to. I WANT to have these things written down, I have just chosen not to. I know that I will come back. I must say that I have been hesitant to "announce" my pregnancy...crazy I know, but still I think this has had a big impact. Anyway, I don't blame you. It is hard to keep up and this is something that is "easier" to let go of. Good luck. Love you tons. Hope you are feeling good too.

Jeff, Mandy and Kids! said...

I'm going through the same thing right now. I always love to check in on you though! I know I'll always get a smile or laugh in for the day! Thanks hon!!