Saturday, August 7, 2010

Ol' Silver City

Tracy had to be at some sort of cattleman's meeting in Silver City, ID (not to be confused with Silver City, NM - which we have also been). So we tagged along. The weather was great and so was the drive. We got to see a lot of gorgeous scenery which made me fall even more in love with Idaho. The only way to get to this historical town (which is only open to the public from April to October) is by dirt road/4-wheel drive. He was able to take a nice big truck (Ford F350) that fit all of us. Tracy loved the off-road drive, and Hannah kept asking for more bumps, as I tried not to cry when we rounded the curves on the side of a cliff on a one-lane dirt "road".


All the buildings looked like this. Since this town is classifed as "historical", no changes can be made to the buildings without permission from the BLM. No buildings can be added. These homes that are standing have been passed down though the families for generations. It's really cool to look at what it was like to live 100 years ago.


This is just outside the little restaurant that serves pie. Neat little place. Of course, no indoor plumbing.


Love this pic.



The kids played in the creek while Tracy was in the meeting. What I really liked was the humming birds. They were everywhere, and they weren't shy. As the kids were getting muddy, one little humming bird must have thought I was interesting. It kept buzzing right up to my face and just looking at me, and not for just a split second either. It would just hover there. I have never had that happen before. Aleana was jealous. I wish I had a camera at that moment - but this picture that I got later will have to do.

No comments: