Thursday, March 29, 2012

Swimmin' with the Fish

March was my month to do the preschool field trip. I decided it was a good excuse to go to the new aquarium in Boise. I wasn't sure what to expect, as the aquarium is located in an old strip mall, right next to a bail/bonds place. But my neighbor did a lot of volunteer work painting the beautiful murals on the walls - and she told me it was worth the drive and money. I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised. There were so many hands on things for the kids to do. They got to feed fish and rays. They also got to pet the rays, baby sharks, clams, and I-couldn't-tell-you-the-names-of-if-I-tried fish. I think we could have stayed for hours longer, if it were up to the kids. I plan on taking the family back in the next few months.



Loved how the baby sea horses curled around the dad.




The rays ate right out of your hand...so cool.





baby sharks









Hannah finally got to pet a ray



That's a clam...a big one.





Beth and her kidlets



Hannah loved the clams









Natalie and Elias



Starfish, amazingly, feel almost the same when they are alive as when they are dead.



There were also birds to feed. The kids loved it. But I for one, thought those birds were mean little suckers. They were fighting and pecking each other just to get some sugar water. Mean, I tell ya, mean.





It's all fun and games until someone falls in. Poor Elias - guess he really did want to swim with the fishies :)


Cuddle Fish - my favorite of the whole aquarium



After the field trip, we needed to make a quick stop at the mall to get Elias some dry clothes. Hannah and Jesse were done shopping. :)

No comments: