Monday, April 28, 2008

The Diaper Deal


Ok - so with having to buy diapers once again, I was quickly reminded about how expensive they can be. I have tried different brands through the years, and have found that I really like Huggies. They have that elastic band in the back to help prevent leakage up the back of the diaper. Nothing bugs me worse then picking up my sweet baby, patting her back, then realize that I just stuck my hand in pooh.


With that being said, I hate having to pay extra for name brand diapers. I have checked at Sam's Club and Costco, and found that the deal wasn't that great. I could buy just as much Huggies at Walmart and maybe spend a dollar or two more (which is what I would have spent in gas anyway to get to Sam's or Costco...not to mention having to drag three kids through a huge warehouse that they consider to be a playground).


I also hate how the stores like Walmart put the "necessity" items like milk, eggs, cheese...and yes, diapers waaaay in the back of the store. Once again, it's not my favorite thing to drag the kids all the way through the store to get what I need. I always end up buying more than just diapers, and more times then not, it's something that I really didn't even "need." And then I justify it by thinking..."Well, I might as well...since I 'm already here, and the kids are unloaded." Sigh. I am sure all you moms know what I am talking about.


Have no fear! Amazon.com is here to save the day. (Well, not really, but it makes life a little easier, and anything that helps is a great thing indeed!) My friend (thanks Jennise) told me about this program that Amazon has called "Subscribe and Save". It's something that they offer through their grocery service. (Say what?!? Did anyone else know that Amazon sells groceries?) Anyway, so you go to Amazon and search grocery/diapers. I found the Huggies I needed (size 1-2, pack size 192 diapers), then I clicked on the option of subscribe and save. By enrolling in the program, which basically ships diapers or whatever product is offered to your door every so often (you choose how often you need them), you save 15% and pay no shipping costs.


Breakdown: Walmart price for Huggies diapers, pack size 96 = approx. $20.00 (so $40.00 for 192). Sams charges $37.00 for 192. Amazon charges $35.00 for 192. But if you sign up for subscribe and save, it only costs $29.74. And it gets shipped right to your door. How awesome is that?! No loading and unloading the kids, no car seats, no extra purchases. No hassle. A great deal indeed. A happy day for me :) Oh, and did I mention they do baby wipes too?

8 comments:

Corie Green said...

That is awesome! Wish I had known that before now. I am about to start training the twins and then I will be done forever!!!

littlelamb's said...

Hey did I not tell you fantastic. I mean come on, that is the easiest way to shop for reals.

Leah and Mike said...

thanks for posting this, I will totally check this out. I too like the huggies brand, but have settled for the costco cheaper brand for price. Good info.

The Giles Files said...

How do you like the Costco brand diapers? I haven't tried them, and I didn't want to fork out the $ to buy a big a case of them if I didn't like them.

andrea said...

This is BIG news, Sherri! I will definitely look into it. I'm also a huge fan of huggies and just buy them from Sam's because I figure I'll have a big ol' supply for a while and won't have to go there so often. But if I can save a few bucks, I'm all over that!

DeAynne said...

Sheri: I didn't mean to blow you off... I appreciate you commenting on my blog and have since added you to mine... hope that is okay. The diaper thing is cool and I was just over to see Jennise and HELLO wipes!! Seriously!! They were all there and I mean ALL of them. Way cool. Anyway, how are you? We are doing swell... chat with you soon.

ensadler said...

Wow that is NICE! I will have to look into that, although I am a fan of Luvs. When I had Brevin I never tried them but now I am a huge fan. They smell good and hold a lot. Jace peed out of Huggies too frequently. Every other night or so and it didn't matter what size he was in. I have found some diapers work for some babies and not others. Anyway, thanks for the great info! I will look into it. I am ALWAYS looking for a better deal.

The Capitans said...

Wow I wish I would have known about that when all 3 of my kids were born. That is awesome. This is your cousin Chelsea by the way. Your blog is so cute and I love the pictures of the blessing. Feel free to stop on by my blog at anytime. How are you guys/