Monday, January 19, 2009

Better Late Than Never part 2

This year I decided that I would make pajamas for the kids.  Joann's was having a great sale on flannel.  Ahhh, nice warm cozy flannel.  I planned plenty of time.  I started in October, so I wouldn't be having to stay up late and stressing on Christmas eve.  Cut the patterns - check. Washed and ironed the material - check.  Accurately cut and marked the material - check.  I was ready to go.  However, like I am with any other project, I procrastinated.  Heck, I had plenty of time.  In my plan of procrastination, I failed to calculate all the time was would be needed with other holiday stuff, say - oh, I don't know... stuff like Christmas parties and shopping, working, cooking...  Yep, before I realized it, the week before Christmas was upon me, and I had a mountain of sewing staring me in the face.  And even though I had to sew on Christmas eve, it wasn't all night.  I finished before dinner.  It was a little crazy, but I must say, I think I did a pretty darn good job.  The kids sure seemed to like them.

Finished products:

Hannah's Baby Kimono


Trent's PJ's


Aleana's night gown

Featuring the Giles Styles models:

Two Step Hannah

Trippin' Trent


Awesome Aleana

Bonus Pictures:


I love this picture.  The way Hannah is looking at Aleana...all cute in their matching jammies.  Tracy says it's the same look that Papa/Sadler family has.  And how about Aleana - there are times when she looks a lot like her Aunt Tessa!


Remember those commercials with the "bitter-beer-face"?  


My attempt to get a good pic of the kids in their new church clothes.  No such luck, this is the best that they would give me.


And last but not least another funny face from Hannah-bear.  Tracy used the flash and I think it was a little too much for her eyes.  Hopefully no permanent damage was done. :)

5 comments:

Corie Green said...

Wow great job! Your kids are too stinkin cute Sheri! and yes she does look like her aunt Tessa which means she looks EXACTLY like her momma too! :)

AW Cake! said...

You're so great! I wish I knew how to sew. (I can sew a straight line & that's about it) The pj's turned out really cute. :)

Scott-ish Nomads said...

I am SO impressed that you made time to sew such cute diggs for your kids. When I grow up, I want to be just like you! Love ya! M

Cash Family said...

Those jammies are adorable! I went to Wal-Mart and bought Savannah's Christmas jammies. lack of time! The kids are adorable and Aleana looks just like her momma!

Unknown said...

love reading about your adventures...you are a very creative writer. I can "see" right into what transpired. luv ya, Terry