Sunday, January 18, 2009

Better Late Than Never

Christmas in our neck of the woods was wonderful, although I wasn't sure if we would ever make it to December 25th.  With all the hustle and bustle of parties and gift exchanges, Christmas goodies and choir concerts,  not to mention kindergarten productions.  Yep, there's nothing quite like going to Trent's little kindie concert to hear them "sing" about Santa's puppy... Santa's reindeer... Kawanza...snowflakes...jingle bells...and Hanukkah - nothing about actual Christmas I might add, and this is after having to drag the whole family - hungry and tired baby included, to sit on bleachers in a packed gym only to discover Trent bugging the kid in front of him because he's just not that in to singing (well except for Santa'a puppy, because he didn't have to sing - he got to bark instead...) Sigh.  'Tis the holiday season :)

Aleana had two different choir concerts, as well as a "Winter" party (Christmas now being taboo to say in the public school systems...argh!)  She also finished up her basketball season and has been reading like a mad woman to get through her Warrior series.  Watching her read hour after hour amazes me.  I never did that.  In fact, I made it through all of my English classes, High School and College without having to read an entire book.  My thought at the time was "that's what cliff's notes are for".  It's not something I am proud of, but that just goes to show how painful I thought having to read the "classics" were.  Now I absolutely love to read.  It's my escape...my break from reality.  I wish I had the desire to read as a kid.  Aleana seems to have that part figured out.

Hannah just keeps growing.  She's our little dancin' diva.  She LOVES to dance.  She'll smile and show her fangs any chance she gets.  Yes, her top front middle teeth still haven't come in yet, although she's working on it.  Her fang teeth are in already, so she makes quite a cute little vampire.  She's not walking yet, but by the way she stands by herself, it won't be long now.


Christmas day was nice and quiet and perfect.  It was a blast watching the kiddos open presents and seeing their faces light up.  Santa did a great job this year.  


Aleana - look of surprise...



Trent - "But you said no more video games..."  Ya, we lied. :)


A new book by the same author of "Warriors" - Thanks Grandma Buggy and Papa!


The coolest animal book ever!  Has diagrams of the animals insides and everything! Thanks Grandma Buggy and Papa!


Laser Tag!  Picture says 1000 words.  Thanks Grandma and Grandpa Giles!


1 comment:

Corie Green said...

I was so excited this year Ethan's class sang about baby Jesus and the school and almost every classroom had Christmas trees! Looks like they had a great Christmas! :)