Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Stuff

We've been quite busy with crazy stuff these past few weeks, and here are some highlights.

- I joined Weight Watchers about 3 weeks ago. The weekly meeting kind. The accountability where you get weighed kind. At first I was skeptical, and embarrassed. However, I must admit after all the diets I have tried (and BELIEVE me, there are many!) I like this the best. The weight is taking it's sweet little time, but at least there is progress! I feel better than I have felt in a long time, both physically and emotionally. I heard a really good quote at one of the meetings:
Being overweight is hard.
Losing weight is hard.
Maintaining weight is hard.
Choose your hard.

- Tracy and I were able to go to an all-expense paid trip to a resort in McCall. It is an awesome little town right on a lake with breath-taking views. And did I add that the kids stayed home with a friend? We had such a good time, and with the exception of missing the kiddos, we would have stayed a whole lot longer. A more detailed post will follow once I get the pics downloaded.

- Hannah had to have a minor surgery. Her eyes, especially her left, have not been draining properly since she was born. I kept putting it off, thinking I was just being paranoid. Finally we had the specialist look at it, and her tear ducts weren't draining right. Basically he had to take a probe and run it through the upper and lower lid ducts as well as the drain part into the nasal cavity in both eyes to open them up. It is a simple procedure that takes a whole 20 minutes. However, they had to put her under for it, so it was a little scary. She did just fine and is already back to normal. The Dr. said the right eye went great, and the left eye was a little more tough. In about a week or so, we should know whether or not it is good or if they have to go back in.

- School's out for summer (yes imagine the song playing in your head)! I was happy to see that day come last week. But, I am beginning to wonder how complicated it is going to be with moving into a house in a few weeks. Having them at home complicates things. Especially the sorting-through-crap-so-we-can-have- a-yard-sale-so-we-don't-have-to-pack as much part.

- Tracy had a job interview, so keep us in your prayers

- We finally sold our house! 22 months on the market! It was a very painful experience, and one we are not eager to do again! But eventually we will have to.

- We are getting excited to travel down to Moab next month and see some family.


4 comments:

{kim} said...

That's a great quote about the weight loss. Good luck with Weight Watchers-I've known a lot of people who have had success with it! And, glad you sold your house. Must be a big relief :-)

Michelle said...

If you need anyone to comiserate with on loosing weight give me a call or email. We can endure it together. I am so happy you sold your house that is great; I definately know what a struggle that is. Glad to hear that Hannah is doing well.

We are the Goodwin's said...

So I just saw your note to me on my page and I have some questions for ya. So you need to email me =) Goodlel@hotmail.com.

Susie and Josh said...

Hi Sherri- Congratulations on weight watchers. I had huge success with it! I lost 53 pounds, and kept it off! You'll do great! If you ever need help let me know, my husband thought I was a nut. I counted out everything! How exciting you sold your house, tough economy for that right now. You sure you don't want to do it again, and move back home! HA HA!