The end of June, just after we moved into the house, we got to celebrate Trent's 6th birthday. I can't believe that he's that old. He is still headstrong as ever, with a big tender heart. There were boxes everywhere and I felt bad for him. It seems like his birthday always has something else to compete with. Whether it's moving, reunions, vacations, or sickness, the poor guy always has to share. We set aside the afternoon, and tried to make it special. We went to McDonalds (per his request), where he played on the indoor playground to his heart's content. Then when we got back, he was ready for cake and presents.
You cant tell by the look on his face, he was being patient. What he really wanted was to bypass the Birthday song and cake, and go straight to the presents.
Make a wish...
Trent asked for a remote control helicopter for his birthday. I didn't think it was possible that we could even afford it. Then I found this little helicopter on clearance at Kohls. I know it wasn't designed to last long, but it was certainly worth what little money I spent just to see him smile.
Ahhhh...a scooter that can do tricks.
Trent getting prepped.
Trent gets to take flight. I rarely post videos, but I thought this was cute. Ignore the boxes and mess. It was really fun to watch him "navigate", and then crash.
--------------------------------------------------
And now some bonus pics:
Aleana being a great big sister. She has been such a big help lately.
Hannah found a better way to ride.

I just thought this was so cute. We had turned the sprinklers on to give the lawn some extra water, and Hannah, on her own, decided to give it a try. I just happened the have the camera there and captured the look on her face as the mist hit her.
No comments:
Post a Comment