Sunday, December 27, 2009

Halloween 2009

We had a couple of different parties to attend this year for Halloween, which almost (I say almost) made me feel like it was worth it to buy costumes. I didn't have to buy costumes last year because what they had still fit (with the exception of Hannah - but I made hers and it cost me a whole $3 or something like that). Hopefully next year, these new additions to the Halloween bin will still fit and I won't have to spend more money for something they wear for a few hours. Anyway...Aleana decided that she wanted to be a sorceress, Trent wanted to be a Transformer, and Hannah - well - I wanted her to be a pirate.

So Aleana wanted to be "pretty, but scary" (heaven forbid that there's "ugly and scary" out there). So I bought the cheapie costume make-up at the grocery store and tried my best.




I decided to take a close-up picture of her to prove my "awesomeness" at amatuer make-up application. When I looked at the picture however, I realized 2 things. 1.) If Halloween make-up makes her look this much older...the regular make-up that she'll want to wear in three years might have to wait a few more. 2.) How much does she look like her Aunt Tessa?!? Now I know Tess and I look a lot alike, however, we have our unique characteristics. But, I just cannot get over how much Aleana looks like her.




Ay' my lil' pirate. She made the cutest little pirate e-v-e-r...down to her battle scar, which she decided she needed to have to be in "full-character". The headboard she bonked her head on survived without damage, however, she required 4 stitches. If something like this had to happen, I couldn't have asked for better timing.




Then there's Mr. Optimus Prime. Trent's costume was fairly easy. No make-up or stitches required. Heck, I didn't even have to comb his hair. And with his imagination, he had a blast this Halloween.

1 comment:

ensadler said...

My first thought was Tessa! Man she is getting old! I would definatly keep the make up away for awhile. The boys aren't going to be able to stay away from her. Watch out! :)