It was one of those times when at the end of the day I thought to myself, "Man, what a great day. Life is good". I love those kind of days. I wish they happened more often. Saturday was great. It was filled with beautiful weather, yard work, and Costco shopping. (Which by the way, I would not recommended going to on a Saturday - waaayyy too many people!!! And yes, I was screaming inside my head for the whole time I was there, wading through endless crowds of people who were getting their "all important free samples", when all I was trying to do - is get the 3 things I needed....Grrr. Stupid samples.) Then there was bread-making, kids running through the sprinklers, Trace trying to fix said sprinklers, bbq, S'MORES, and star-gazing.
Since Toy Story has become a staple in our house once again (...well that and Ponyo - Hannah has to get her fix for at least 20 minutes a day), I have a hard time calling 'em s'mores anymore...
Buzz Lightyear: Don't worry, Woody. In just a few hours you'll be sitting around a campfire with Andy making delicious hot schmoes!
Woody: They're called S'mores, Buzz.
Woody: They're called S'mores, Buzz.
We tried something new to change things up...graham cracker, hershey's chocolate bar, roasted marshmallow, STRAWBERRY slice, BANANA slice, dab of strawberry FREEZER JAM, and graham cracker. Holy cow, they are tasty! Tastes kind of like a banana split. And just in case you are wondering about my "no chocolate" clause - I have had to make two exceptions...chocolate chip cookies (the homemade kind, not the store-bought crap) and s'mores. There are just some things that make it too hard. Hey, I'm being realistic..at least if I keep telling myself that, maybe I will believe it...eventually. :)
Introducing Buzz SCHMOES (not be confused with the Joe Schmoes out there):


Aleana getting a perfect golden brown marshmallow...as for me, I prefer them burnt. And yes, we were too lazy to set up the fire pit. The grill did the job just fine. :)
I am thankful for my family, beautiful weather, and a backyard.

2 comments:
whoa! I gotta try your version of s'mores. And now you've got me craving homemade cookies.
Looks like you guys were having a great time. I never thought about roasting the marshmallows on the grill. Good idea.
Wow your kids are getting big!! We too watch a lot of Toy Story and Ponyo. I am not sure what is so interesting about that show to kids, but my boys love it. I still haven't watched it all the way through! Nice pictures!
Post a Comment