I know it's April Fool's Day - but it is also the 4 month mark since my surgery. It's hard to believe it's been 4 months. Some days it seems like forever ago and some days I have a hard time wrapping my head around how much weight has come off in such a little time.
My official weight loss as of today? 80 lbs. EIGHTY POUNDS!!! I could not be more excited. That's 320 sticks of butter or 106 packages of chocolate chips. March was a hard month for me. Trace was gone for two weeks - he had to go to DC for some training. And it's not like he hasn't been gone before. But I am a little rusty, I have been spoiled having him home everyday. And I like my hubby. And I miss him. Plus, I managed to have 3 of the 4 kidlets sick with the puking/diarrhea/coughing/aches and pains kind of flu that didn't just last for just 24 hours, but managed to hold on unmercilessly for over a week. Not fun. But at least Luke didn't get it. I think that would have done me in. Anyway - for those two weeks, I think I managed to get 4 workouts in. And that was in the first week. The second week, I didn't even try. Then add the infamous visit from Aunt Not-So-Fertile-Myrtle...um, ya - let's just say I was hurtin'. And my poor kids got to deal with a really stressed out, sleep deprived mom. I was so happy when Trace got back - and he managed to get on an earlier flight that got him home a day earlier. The first thing I did when he got back? I took a nap. :)
Besides the kids pulling some moves from the exorcist movie - I also had to get the house ready to show. Since we will be moving in May (hopefully), our landlord wanted to show the house and get some new renters signed. So I managed to go through all the rooms and closets and get rid of all the crap. It ended up being 2 bags per room that got donated and one bag of trash per room that filled my trash bin. I also went through my clothes. Everything that I have owned for the past 7 years? Too big. I had a pair of jean carpi's that were my favorite, but I haven't been able to fit in for the last 5 years. I saved them thinking that eventually I would lose some weight and be able to wear them again. I tried those suckers on - and I could pull them off without even unbuttoning them. How crazy is that?!? While I am trilled that they don't fit, I am sad - because they were my favorite and I didn't even get enjoy them one last time. Oh the sadness - can you feel the sarcasm? :)
The pile...

Other thoughts about this journey?
So I have been working out for 6 days a week (well before the first half of this month, and after the two weeks Trace was gone...). I alternate between Jillian Michael's torture and yoga.
I love yoga. I have this DVD - which I have actually owned since Aleana was 6 months old. Yep, it's that old and we have managed to keep it scratch free - which goes to show how much playtime, or the lack thereof, it's actually gotten. It's called "Yoga Conditioning for Weight Loss" by Susanne Deason. It's not intense - the moves are very easy - and my favorite part is that the routine was taped in the red rocks of Sedona. It makes me a little homesick every time I do the workout, but in a way it makes me feel a little closer to to home too. So having this DVD for almost 11 years now, one would think that I have become a master. Well, no - sadly that hasn't been the case. In fact, up until last week - I still couldn't do all the moves (and these moves aren't power yoga moves or anything complicated - they are moves that anyone, in any shape or size, are SUPPOSED to be able to do). And I love how I feel when it's done. I work up a sweat. I feel like my whole body is working better together. My core (I am actually getting a core!!!) feels stronger. It's a great workout for the days where my body needs some recuperation time. But the best part is my mind feels clear. It's a workout that is actually relaxing (I know, what an oxy-moron). I guess it's the little victories, like finally being able to do yoga the right way without shaking, that seem to mean the most to me.
And Jillian Michaels? Ya, she and I have a love/hate relationship. I really like her style of workouts. They get to the point, with no fru-fru-ey moves. My inner-athlete, who is biting at the bit to get out, loves the plyometrics, the kick-boxing, and the circuit training...well in theory anyway. About half-way through the workout, I have a few choice words I would like to say to her. Then I just find her annoying. When the workout is done, and I am trying not to die, I start to like her again. I am seeing results. Between the weight loss and the workouts - my body is finally changing shape. I like it.
I also have been playing volleyball on Wednesday nights from about 9:30pm to 11:30pm. And this is after my usual workout for the day. I am having so much fun. It's mostly city-league-ers, so the quality of play is really good. (FYI - People in Idaho take volleyball very seriously). Maybe one of these days I'll join a city league - but I have a hard time getting serious enough to play on a competitive level. When I see people getting intense, I just keep thinking "C'mon people, it's just a game!" But, I guess I would feel different if losing or winning actually mattered, like it would in a city league game. Bragging rights are important! :)
To sum it up, I feel like mostly me again. And not just emotionally, but physically. I know I am past the halfway mark. I still have a long way to go - but it's amazing what dropping 80 lbs can do - no joke.
5 comments:
Wow, Sheri, that is so great to hear. I am so happy for you! I will have to check out those workout tapes.
What is your secret to getting 6 workouts a week in?! I try my hardest but it's usually about 3 times a week. I love to workout in the morning but if there are things going on it's tough!. Glad to hear the awesome updates. Where you moving?
So, so awesome you are. Look at you go! You need to post a pic. I can't wait to see. You are so beautiful regardless that I'm sure you are OHM..one hot mama! haha..love ya!
Woohoo!! Congrats Sheri, you are amazing!
WOW- Great job!! Glad to hear you are doing so awesome!!
Post a Comment