I love it when Trent has library time at school.
The books that he picks out never cease to surprise me.
They are almost always non-fiction.
They are are books I would have never even cracked open at his age...let alone my age.
The subject/topic of each book varies. But usually it's a how-to book or a full-of-facts book.
This book is his latest choice in leisure reading. The first day he brought it home, I could not get his nose out of it. Every time I turned around, he was lost in the plethora of hints and tips for the home. I actually had to take it away from him, so he would do his homework and chores.
I guess I am just amazed. This type of book would never catch my interest. It's not something that I would ever think a 9 yr old would read. And yet Trent loves it.
I love watching how he sees the world. It is so completely different through his eyes. It's been an eye-opening experience for me. And he has taught me some interesting facts along the way...like how I can use a terracotta planter to bake my bread in for a unique loaf shape. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment