Thursday, July 9, 2009

Aleana

Aleana celebrated her birthday in May. She turned 9. Now being nine doesn't sound like a big deal, until I start thinking about how it is one more year closer the "tween-age" years. This next year she'll be in the 4th grade. Then on the the 5th...then to the dreaded middle school years. Even though being nine isn't a "big deal", I am sure going to enjoy this year and cherish the calm before the storm.

Her celebration this year was low-key. We tried to make it special. She got to choose whatever she wanted for her cake. She chose this:
(That is a Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory. The best slice of cheesecake ever created. I let her try a slice awhile back when Tracy took Trent to their Father's and Son's Camping Trip. I thought we would have a "girls night out" and make her feel special. The cheesecake was so good, and something that she obviously didn't forget about. I guess I should choose my words more carefully when I say, "you can have whatever cake you want." Needless to say, we all enjoyed it. Yum!)


She only asked for one thing for her birthday. She wanted a ripstick. A what?!? Yes, a ripstick - those kind of skateboard looking things that you have to swivel to ride. We tried to come up with other things that might appeal to her more, but her mind was made up. So we bit the bullet and got a ripstick...and helmet....and protective gear.


Teaching her how to ride it is her Daddy's responsibility. She's catching on quicker than I thought she would. No major broken bones or scrapes yet, as I am sure they will come eventually. (I cringe with the thought...)

(Her tough girl look. Not too intimidating, we'll have to work on it.)

Happy Birthday Aleana Mae!

2 comments:

Jeff, Mandy and Kids! said...

That's Awesome!! Turn her into a tough girl! Maybe it'll scare away the boys!! :) Lol! I'm afraid this is what my Hannah is gonna turn into! Good luck girl! She's already beautiful, Tracy is gonna have to buy a gun if he doesn't already own one!

Michelle said...

Oh man I remember that tough girl look coming from you!!! However at the time I was taller than. I so want to try one of those ripsticks but I know I will end up in the hospital.