Sunday, May 16, 2010

Mama's Day

I had a great Mother's Day. In fact, it was the best one yet.

Technically, my Mother's Day started the day before. Trace took the kids to the mall on Saturday evening to go shopping. Not only did he take them shopping, he fed them McD's and got Trent's hair cut (bonus points for that one!). They were gone for about THREE hours. So for 3 whole hours, it was just me. And Luke. And Peace and Quiet. Hallelujah!

When they got home, Hannah came running up to me screaming something, while Trace and the kids were mysteriously hiding my present. I thought she was saying that she had fell, so I was looking for bumps or bruises. But, that wasn't the case. What she really said was "Flower" (in 2-year-old-jibberish, it sounded the same to me). Trace had tried to distract her, so she wouldn't spill the beans, but it didn't work. She wanted that flower. Once the secret was out, the kids decided to give me some of my mama day loot a day early - starting out with a single red rose that Hannah handed to me, then promptly took back because it smelled, as she put it, "nummie". :)

I also got this card. Hilarious. And the kids were so proud. They picked it out, because they knew it would make me laugh. And it will for a long time.
Front:
Inside:
Awesome.



Luke and I were the first ones up, so breakfast in bed was not an option. As I was feeding Luke, the kids and Trace quietly buzzed around, making me a feast. (Notice the rose? Hannah was nice enough to let me have it for a little bit. Oh, and check out the chocolate syrup. They thought since I like chocolate and french toast must have syrup, that this would be the perfect match. Luckily they didn't pay much attention to my lack of syrup usage.)


Hannah was my food quality tester.



I also got homemade cards with poems from Trent and Aleana.

Trent's:
It reads: A wiggle and a jiggle, I love you so much, I just have to giggle.
(but all I did was cry)


Aleana's:
Inside it reads:
"Well I know I say it everyday
But I'll say it anyway
There simple, it's true
I love you, yes I do!

Mom, you're one of the best people I know
Because in my eyes, you sparkle and shine and glow.
I'm glad you sealed our whole family together,
so we could live together forever and ever.

You'll help me when I'm sick, you'll find the right cure.
And you're an example to me, since you're so pure.

The challenges in life, I know you'll help me face them.
And with the tests of life, I know you'll help me ace them.

I know you love me so much
you'd die for me.

And as much as you may love me, I will always love you more,
as you can soon see.

Every gift I give shows you
once more that I love you.

But mommy
mommy
I love you!
Yes, I do!"

(and Miss Mae - how I love you, yes I do. The card has the "water" marks to prove it. And just to brag, she wrote this, at home, by herself, without any help.)


And if all of this wasn't enough, there was still one more present, which I absolutely adore. It's beautiful and so very thoughtful. And I know, one shouldn't care too much about the "stuff", but I have to say, this is something I will treasure for the years to come.

The top of the jewelry box is engraved. It says, "We Love You Aleana Trent Hannah Luke" And, I officially have a "Mom" necklace.

Man I love my kids, and hubby too.

Gifts and good times aside, I am grateful.

1 comment:

Tanya said...

This is such a sweet post. I am so amazed with Aleana! That's awesome!!!