Saturday, February 5, 2011

Botanical Gardens and Proof there is a Santa

Last Christmas we went to the Botanical Gardens and loved it so much - that we decided to make it a family tradition. So this Christmas, we went again. Of course, true to our fashion - we got a late start getting out the door. I was worried we wouldn't make it before they close. But we did, by 15 minutes. They say they close at 8pm - but really that's just when they stop letting people in. The lights go out at 9pm. I think we will show up right before 8pm from now on. Less crowds, way better parking, and the line to Santa is manageable (and by manageable-instead of the line wrapping around the building, we had to wait for the person in front of us to finish up with their pictures). We had a nice relaxing time, except for Aleana. She thought we were walking too slow and taking too many pictures. Why is it, as the kids grow older - that the whining just grows louder? :)


Meeting Prancer...again.



It was a bit chilly, as Luke's nose can tell you - but I love his smirk. It's just like his daddy's.



Classic. And yes, I am getting this framed. It makes me smile with the knowledge that we are indeed normal. :)








And on to Christmas, and a great Christmas it was....

Santa brought Aleana an interactive globe. What gets me is how excited she is about it. If Santa gave me a globe when I was 10 yrs old - smiling would not be the first thing that came to mind :)




Stinky the Garbage Truck and a magic kit. Both well worth the investment!



Ariel - Hannah loves the long red hair. She already lost the shoes, only for Luke to find them. Why do they even bother putting them on these dolls?!?



Hannah in disbelief - she has MORE presents?




His favorite toy courtesy of Buggy and Papa



Gift from Grandma Buggy and Papa - ladybug kit and butterfly kit.



Slingshot Monkeys - from Grandma and Grandpa Giles. Did I mention that they screech upon impact? The dogs hate them.



Mind Maze - from the cousin gift exchange - Thanks Trevin!



Puzzle Erasers - from Buggy and Papa



I LOVE Melissa and Doug play sets, toys, books, and puzzles. This three little pig set is awesome! Thanks Buggy and Papa



If she could find a way to sleep in this fairy dress-up outfit - she would - from Grandma and Grandpa Giles



Sisterly love - even after the sugar high via Christmas stockings :)



Walkie-talkie watch set - gotta love the spy stuff.



Luke's Surfin' Spin. The kids quickly figured out that it will spin many other toys. Glad Luke gets to enjoy it now - because they were kind of hogging it. Sheesh. You'd think they didn't get anything.



A Kindle. Need I say more?

No comments: