Monday, September 26, 2011

Hit the road Jack...Rabbit?


Every time I watch the movie "Cars", I get a little homesick. Watching it for the first time in a theater made it that much worse. Everything was big and clear and I found myself getting a little sentimental because of where Pixar had decided to set this movie. There were lots of little things that reminded me of N. AZ/Route 66 and home. But the sign that says "Here it is" with a silhouette image of a model T got me. I knew EXACTLY where they got that from. The kids thought I was crazy getting all worked up about some stupid sign. But when the time came, I was able to show them just what I was talking about...

Jack Rabbit.

This small stop off the side of I-40 is just outside of Winslow. All Winslow-ites are very familiar with this particular place. And at some point in your life, it is a must-stop-and-take-a-picture kind of place. Chalk it up to one of those "Hey, I've been there" moments.




Now my kids can say they've been there. And believe it or not, they liked it.

1 comment:

Cash Family said...

My parents took Savannah to Jackrabbit this summer too! We were watching Cars the other day and she looked at the sign and said "I've been there!" LOL! So fun to share our memories and heritage with our kids! Sad that I think I only missed you by days in Winslow.