Grandpa Jim's cabin. Nice cool mountain air, clear night sky, and the gravel-ish old voice full of laughter echoing in the background. There's no place like it. I wasn't able to see Grandpa last summer, so we had to come this summer - and it didn't disappoint. The kids went straight to the dirt - digging roadways and tunnels. They shuffled back and forth between riding 4-wheelers (note to self: When letting Aleana "drive" the 4-wheeler - hold on tight and be ready to use the foot break) and eating (Grandpa always has candy or junk food somewhere). It was just a short visit - as we had to get up to Aspen grove - but I loved every minute of it. We were able to enjoy the first night of the Scharf family reunion - and I got to meet a lot of my cousins that I never knew. What an awesome family to be part of.
These are some pictures that I will always treasure. Luke took to Grandpa Scharf like no body's business. I don't know how Grandpa does it - but I haven't seen a kid yet that doesn't love to be around him.




By this part of the road trip - Aleana was getting tired. After the meltdown, she felt better - but still didn't appreciate having her picture taken in mid-meltdown. I thought the timing was perfect.


Dirt

Her favorite place to be

Stupid sand. Stupid sun. It's too hot, and she's done.

No comments:
Post a Comment