Monday, April 2, 2012

Pinterest Party

During conference weekend, I try to have a girls-night-in (since we have to drag along our kids) when the men go to their priesthood session. This year, I decided to get my craft on...and invite some friends to do the same. Basically, I invited a few friends (there were five of us total). We each had to pick something from pinterest and make it five times. Then we all exchanged our craft goods, visited and grubbed on some pinterest inspired goodies. It was fun, so much in fact, that I feel a tradition in the making :)

For my pinterest pick, I decided to make an earring holder, inspired by this:


The measurements that she used were for a frame size 12x24. That's a little big for me...so I tweaked her idea and added some of my own. I liked this (below pic) radiator grate better (I did find it at Lowe's - although I asked three men, and they said they didn't carry anything like it in the store. Finally an employee that just transferred to the store overheard me asking the third time - and she, yes a woman, knew exactly where to find it - go figure). The grate is a decent size, and will make 8 frames (8x10 size) and it was priced at about $25. I also added fabric flowers (great way to use those scraps). While the grate holds hook-type earrings well, it isn't really designed for post-back earrings. The fabric flowers are purposed to hold the post-back earrings. I got the frames at DI for about $0.75 a piece and painted them with left-over paint I had from other projects. Total cost is about $5 per finished framed jewelry holder.





The red one is mine. I love anything red and turquoise...


And here's what I got in exchange...






I love it all! And I am already planning on what I want to make for the next time :)

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I love this...Super cute idea.