Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Happy Birthday Hannah (Feb 2012)

(Feb 2012) - Hannah turns 4!  In our house, the kids get to have a "big party" every four years.  A "big party" means they get to invite friends and pick a theme. (Yes, we are that cheap.  I justify it, if I don't have to spend so much money on the party - then they get better presents)  Hannah kept changing her mind as to which theme she wanted (varied from Super Mario Brothers to Ariel).  She finally settled on Tangled.  She was excited to dress the part, and invited her friends to do the same.




We played "Pin the frying-pan on Flynn" (hey, it's the first thing that I could come up with).  It was a hit.  Literally :)




She wanted rice krispy treats for her cake.  I tried to explain to her the difference between rice krispy treats and cake, to no avail.  So I just went with it.  By far, the easiest cake I have ever made.  Put it my heart pan, and yes, I used frosting in a can.  Don't judge me.  The "cake" was devoured.  There were no left-overs.  I am thinking we will make this kind of cake for future birthdays.  I personally don't like cake.  This was a much yummier alternative :)








We sang Happy Birthday to our special birthday girl...






And opened the much-anticipated presents...





Then topped the party off with a bang...or smack.  Gotta love pinatas!


1 comment:

Ironygirl said...

I LOVE the rice crispie cake idea. I may have to steal that one!