(how cool is this shirt? My friend Natalie made it for his special day...)
He got a horse for his birthday. I always wanted to have one of these horses for my kids. But I just couldn't swallow the $250.00 price-tag. I had one growing up, and loved it. Well, I didn't love it so much when the springs would "horse-bite" my skin - but they solved that problem since then with spring covers. Anyway, one of the neighbors across the street had been in the process of moving. We never got to know them real well.
This lovely horse had been sitting on their porch for at least a month. I asked if they were willing to sell it. Sure, they would sell it to me...for $100 bucks. (Are you kidding me?!?) So I passed up that "deal". A few weeks later, they asked if I would buy it for $50 bucks. Still too much for my budget (we only budgeted $30 for Luke's bday presents). So I told them all I had was $30. I expected them to turn my counter-offer down. But they didn't. Sweet!!! They made a little boy very happy. And just to let you know, he rides that horse everyday...its his favorite thing. Best $30 I have spent in a long-time.
We had store-bought cupcakes to top off the evening...like I said, a very low-key birthday. I don't he minded one bit.







No comments:
Post a Comment