Friday, November 26, 2010

Funnies...

So I haven't been very diligent with writing down all the funny things the kids say...but every once in awhile I remember jot it down. I think I finally have enough....

Right after Luke was born and home from the hospital, this conversation took place between me and Trent:

Trent: MOM! Can I go...

Me: (in a forced whisper) Shhhh - I am feeding Luke, you need to be quiet.

Trent: But Mom - I just wanted...

Me: (forced whisper and angry eyes) I mean it! When I am finished I will talk to you.

Trent: Mo...Oh ya. Mom are you still milking?

Me: It's called nursing. Milking is for cows. I am not a cow.

Although I may feel like it with the amount of milk Luke drinks...but I am not about to admit that to my 6 yr old boy.

-----------------------

Hannah and I were talking while Luke was taking a nap, and I was quizzing her on animal noises.

Mom: What makes this noise? Oink. Oink.

Hannah: A pig.

Mom: Good job. So what makes this noise? Cockledoodledoo!!!

Hannah: A flying pig.

To take a line from Charlotte's Web, Now that SOME PIG!
---------------------------------------

Trent was making all his animal and car noises, when I asked him to stop:

Mom: Trent, Puh-lease be quiet. I have a migraine.

Trent: What's a migraine.

Mom: It's a kind of headache.

Trent: Is it the kind where they have to drill a hole in your head to make you feel better?

Mom: No, it's just a really bad headache. It kind of feels like there's somebody in there trying to make my head explode.

Trent: Oooohh, I know. It's where you hear voices in your head and they keep talking, and it makes your head hurt.

I just don't even know where to start with that one.

----------------------------------------------------

Words between me and Hannah:

Me: Oooo, Mom's getting sleepy. I think it's time for you to go to bed Hannah.

Hannah: No Thank you.

Hmmm - Polite AND defiant. Two words that I never thought would be in the same sentence when describing a 2 yr old.

--------------------------------------

I was in the kitchen, kneading some dough for pizza on the counter. Apparently, Trent has never seen me do this (um...where has he been for the past 6 years?) He came and looked over the counter top and said with big eyes full of astonishment, "Wow, Mom! I didn't know you knew how to do that. It's like you are a REAL Chef!"

Isn't that part of a mother's resume? Not all moms are good chefs - but we do have to feed our kids. Glad to know that I now qualify as a REAL Chef.

---------------------------------------------

Today we were supposed to go to church. I was sick, as were Aleana and Hannah. So we stayed home and vegged. We have these huge bean bags in our TV room that are a favorite to lounge in, and make for perfect "veg" time in front of the tube. Tracy took his place squarely in the middle of the green one, wrapped himself up in a cozy blanket, and tuned into the football game. Soon enough, Aleana and Hannah cozied up next to him, one on each side. I thought it was cute...him and his girls watchin' the game. A few moment later, Aleana said, "Wow, dad! Nigeria just scored some points!" Tracy asks "Nigeria? Where did you get that from?". Aleana - "You know NYG - NIIGGGERRRIIAA". Tracy was laughing so hard, he was barely able to explain who the New York Giants were.

Although it was funny, you have to hand it to her. At least she was trying to understand it. She gets some kudos points for that.

----------------------------------------------

And now for some old quotes that I found in an old draft - but never posted. Of course, they are all said by Trent:

Mom, I'm not sick anymore. My red eyes are white and my snotting is gone!
I am glad you are feeling good?

Mom, when is Aleana going to get bath-tized?
Everyday or else she stinks. Oh, you mean bap-tized? :)

When Hannah was just a newborn, I asked Trent to "keep an eye on her" while I got him a snack. When I came back, he said "Mom, someone has to take care of Hannah, I can't handle all of this."

If we were like the Incredibles we could save a lot of people.
Does being a Mom count as a Super Hero? I'd like to think so :)

No comments: