
Miracles.
It appears that Luke doesn't have hydrocephalus. Say what?!? Yep, we got the MRI results and could not be happier. The ventricles in his brain are still enlarged, but have shrunk since his last MRI. Did you hear that? SHRUNK!!! Why not the diagnosis of hydrocephalus, if there is still more fluid than normal? As the Dr put it, "Luke's brain is pristine" - meaning no malformations, tumors, blockages, webbing or any other concerning factors were found. The dangerous kind of hydrocephalus is pathological - which means there they have found reason why the brain is accumulating too much fluid, and the extra fluid is causing adverse effects. Luke's brain is perfect. His ventricles are large - but for no reason - that's just the way he is. It's unusual, but okay considering everything else looked great. So now his condition is classified as "benign ventriculomegaly" if there has to be a term put to it. Well that and he has a really, really big head. Dr said he is about 99.9% sure that nothing will come of this and Luke will be normal. (Although, it may take him about 5 years to grow into his noggin). We shook hands with Dr. Cherny, thanked him and said we hope we never have to see him again. He smiled.
We left the Dr's office with grins a mile wide. Trace and I loaded up Hannah and Luke in the car - still amazed at what just happened. I cried as we said a little prayer.
How is it that his ventricles could go down is size? Dr. Cherny didn't have an answer. Luke's case was unique - and they just don't know.
But I know. My family knows. My friends know. It is humbling for me to know that the faith and love of others helped bring this about. Prayer is a powerful thing. Miracles never cease.
We are grateful.
9 comments:
Yay!! Yay!! Yay!! We had a miracle ourselves a few years back...I def agree with you on faith & the power of prayer. Soo very happy for you and your family.
Awww, so happy for your good news! He is such a sweet, perfect little baby!
Wonderful!
There is really only one word for this post....YAY!!!!!
That. is. awesome. So happy for you guys!
SO GLAD!
I have tears reading this! Truly a miracle!! I'm so happy for you guys :o)
Wow! I love little miracles like this, I have seen them so many times and every time it strengthens my faith. How awesome for your family :) Hug that big headed baby!
YEAAAA! So happy to hear that! Some kids just have bigger head than others. Like my Taylor, he is 8 and still growing into his!:D Still, both are absolute cuties! Prayer, faith, and righteous living... nothing more powerful. XOXO
Post a Comment