Saturday, February 5, 2011

What, a Whole Year?!? {sniff, sniff}

My head is spinning. It just can't be. My baby IS NOT a year. Okay, I know, I KNOW - I can't deny it any longer. What a sweet boy he is. Such a calm and patient kid. Not too sure where he gets that from. :) He has this look - it's kind of hard to describe - but when he does it - I have to remind myself 1. don't cry 2. he's just a baby 3. I am blessed. It's a look that seems to go to my very soul. And it's not just me - it gets Trace every time too. Alas another super power. Dimples and "the look". We're in trouble.

His party was low key. It's not like he'll remember it, but the other kids will - and they had fun helping. And so did Trace. He likes to surprise the kids and decorates the house while they are sleeping. Since Hannah and Luke have bdays so close, he decided to do it this way:





And what is a 1st birthday post without the all important cake play-by-play?...


1.) Ooooo - it's cake.



2.) Ummm - it's a cake on fire? Gettin' a little worried guys...



3.) I really want to...Should I? Yes. No. Okay, I'm going to...maybe...



4.) There, I touched it. Am I in trouble?



5.) Oh ya - this is sooooooo cool!!!



And sticky....



5.) Can I? Can I, Mom? Please, please.



6.) Humm, numm, mmmm - Now that's what I'm talkin' about.






7.) Here it comes...Sugar High! :)



8.) Okay, I'm done. Think I'll just set the rest over...there.



9.) Caught feeding Quigley...busted





10.) Mom! Bath! Now! Please! Look, I'll even smile for you :)




2 comments:

littlelamb's said...

Oh my he is sooooo cute. Melts my heart. I can't believe it has been a year. It goes so fast but if it helps he still looks tiny :)

Ironygirl said...

Mike and I LOVED these pictures. Babies eating cake is the best! Happy birthday Luke!