Old Favorite
Today we had to go to Mountain Home AFB - Tracy needed to pick up his uniforms. This meant we got to go to the BX. For those of you who don't know, the BX stands for Base Exchange. It's kind of like a Walmart but with less stuff. They carry some interesting things, but also some things that you can't get at the American grocery stores. There's lots of candy from Germany (and since we stationed there, I must say I got spoiled on how nice their chocolate is. Hershey's just doesn't cut it for me.) And not only do they keep the "overseas" stuff well-stocked, it is reasonably priced. Now on occasion I have found some of the good stuff at the grocery stores, but the price is a little too much for me. So I thought about getting me some Ritter Sport candy bars (milk chocolate with Raisins and Hazelnuts happens to be one of my all-time favorites)...but then I saw this (imagine a ray of light shining down on it...with angelic voices...):
Yep, Chocolate covered Macadamia nuts (much cheaper at the BX, I might add). So yummy. Now this candy is in the top 3 of my all-time favorites...above the Ritter Sport. I heard it calling my name. Could. Not. Resist. Why? Because it also reminds me of this:
We took this picture from our lanai (balcony) in Hawaii. We went a few years back right after Tracy got back from his deployment. Did I mention, we were there for 10 days? Awesome. Loved every moment of it. We had such a good time, and it is just a beautiful place. We plan to go back...eventually. One of our favorite vacations ever.
***************************************
New Favorite
One of my fellow bloggers posted a "Product Review" on her blog. (Thanks Megan!) One of the things that she reviewed was the PedEgg. Now, I have seen the infomercials - the one that says, "But wait! There's more!" kind. I have even seen them at Walmart, with the "as seen on TV" endorsement-sticker and everything. But, I thought is was just another gimmick. You see, I have the most horrible, cracked, rough, sand-papery ugly feet (they're like hobbit feet, minus the hair). I have tried the files, the exfoliating stuff, the sea salt stuff, the pumice stuff, and the professional pedicure stuff. I have to admit, I love getting pedicures. It's the one thing that's just for me. However, it gets too darn expensive. (Especially since I heard about acrylic nails for toes. But that's another blog post all together.)
I read her review, and she raved about it. So I thought I would give it a try. Went to Walmart, spent my $10, and tried it. And you know what? It worked! Freakin' awesome. My feet haven't been that smooth since high school. It's shaped just right to work on your feet. Just as a warning, it's supposed to catch all the dead skin (yuck), but it doesn't. Well, not for me anyway...but there was a lot of work that little PedEgg had to do. So I am passing my "this rocks" approval to others, so they can enjoy soft, happy feet, at a cheap price. This is one of my new favorite things.
5 comments:
Ah man, I LOVE those chocolate covered macadamia nuts! Thanks for reminding me what I am missing :-) I just might have to try that pedegg thing-my feet are pretty rough.
yummmm!! I love those too! Why are you going back to base??? Is your hubby back in the AF?
I think I am going to have to invest in the ped egg also...your feet sound ALMOST as bad as mine!!
I so love Ritter chocolates! My favorite are the mint and nougat kinds. That is one of the best Christmas presents I get from my Oma.
And I have to agree the PedEgg is one of the greatest $10 I spent.
I have to ask. . . acrylic nails for your TOES? There is really such a thing.
Michelle - yes, there is. I thought it was a stupid thing...but it's the gel acrylic stuff, that is colored when they put it on. The nail lady says on average, it lasts about eight weeks (way longer than any toe nail polish). It's not to make your toe nails longer or anything. I tried it, and so far I really like it. My toes don't feel thick or weird or anything. It costs $30 here, which is cheaper than a traditional manicure. My hair stylist told me about it, (I loved her toe nail polish...but then she told me it was acrylic) and she says hers last for 12 weeks. Who knew?
Steph - Yes and No. Tracy in the the Air National Guard now. He is helping out the PA office at Gowen right now, but starting on Aug, he will be filling in at Mountain Home.
Oh my gosh are you living in Idaho now? My sister lives in Mountain Home and her husband is AF. Oh it would be great if you do! Then I could see you when I get up there to visit her. Let me know.
Post a Comment