Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Black Bear Diner

November 2012

During the mad dash of Black Friday - we decided to take the kids out for a date.  Dinner and movie to be exact.  

Since I am the pregnant one, I get to make the choice of where we eat.  Whatever sounds good to the baby is what everyone else gets to eat too.

I wanted to try something new, so we decided to go to Black Bear Diner.  

I have found a new favorite place to eat.  

It's very family friendly.  Great Service.  And as a place known for their breakfast food - the seats and tables WERE NOT sticky. (a big bonus for me - as I will not go to IHOP because there is stickiness everywhere)

And seriously, as a breakfast food lover - they have the best breakfast food hands down.  I had a spinach sausage avocado omelet that was to die for (warning - their servings are huge).  Then they serve these amazing pancakes.  They're not just your regular run-of-mill buttermilk kind.  They're called sweet cream pancakes for a reason.  I LOVED them and I'm more of a french toast person.  

The decor is all bear-themed of course.  The kids were thoroughly entertained, finding new bear things on the walls throughout dinner.

I would totally have this chandelier hanging in my house ;)



Beside being famous for their sweet cream pancakes, they have these amazing bear claws.  Made fresh.  We chose the mixed berry one.  Yummo!
It was huge - like the size of my man-hand.  It was enough for the entire family, with some left-over.

Now that I am typing this up, I feel the sudden need for Trace to take me on a date.  We'll be going to Black Bear Diner - so I can sample their dinner foods of course :)

No comments: