Saturday, January 12, 2013

Planet of the Hannah-Ape


I don't know where she comes up with half the stuff that she does, but she manages to make me smile and laugh.

Here are a few of her Hannah-isms as of recent:



Me: Hannah, eat your dinner so you will be healthy and strong when you grow up

H-bear: I want to be healthy and strong when I grow up, but I DO NOT want to get married.

Me: Okaaay.  Why not?

H-bear: Because I can't decide on just one person.  And I don't like what happens when it's all done.

Me: (All done?! A little worried as to what she is eluding to...) And why is that?

H-bear: (whispering) because you know...you have to...KISS.  (Now with full volume) And that's disgusting! (All said with the big-eyed-talk-to-the-hand-and-shake-the head kind of attitude).

(Phew.  Why yes, Hannah, that is gross.  May you think that for a very long time.  Like 20 years long.  At least.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------


As we were unloading the van after a trip to Boise...

Me: Hannah, don't forget your coat and shoes.

H-bear: I will.  And I'll bring the soda and popcorn too.  Because, I am SO STRONG I just can't help myself.

(It's a good thing one of us is...)

No comments: