Saturday, January 5, 2013

Sadler Reunion

The week of Labor Day this past September, we were able to accomplish the impossible.  The entire Sadler clan was able to get together in one place.  Taking into consideration: the amount of kids and their kidlets, and varying jobs/different locations (West Virginia to Idaho and a whole lot in-between) to travel from, this was quite the accomplishment.  In fact, it is a feat that hasn't happened for over 13 years.  And the last time it happened was when Trace and I got married.  Back then, there were no grand kids, and just a few out-laws in-laws.

My how this family has grown.

 - We all met in Sedona, AZ.

 - We stayed at a time share for almost a week.

 - Us grown-ups talked and solved the world's problems.

  - The kids/cousins played and swam.  Ate and slept.  Then repeated it all the next day.

 - We went to "Out of Africa" - a safari type place.  (Way more awesome than just some zoo - especially at feeding time.) I did have pictures of this adventure...on my phone.  The one I killed before I had a chance to download any of it. :(

But my favorite part was just being together.  Laughing and joking with/at each other's expense.  It was just like the good ol' times :)  Man, I already miss everyone.

We also managed to get some family pictures taken:


The whole fam-dam-ily in the bright, beautiful AZ sun...I think there was permanent damage to the retinas just to get this pic :)




I think we've come a long way since these two families blended to make one.  I also think the experiences throughout those painful growing years is what makes this family so special.




All the great-grandkids gathered around Grandma Baker.  I just love how thrilled mine look :/  Why is it that when you say "smile", they don't?!




My grandma Baker.  Truly a great lady.  She is the glue.  She has always been the constant.  I am proud to be her grand-daughter.




Jerry's kids.  We may appear to be "normal"...




My little family.  So happy to have an updated family pic.  Even baby #5 is there...albeit in my tummy...but still there :)




Tru Wuv




Me and Tessa.  And my 13 week belly.  I thought I was sucking in the gut...but I think it was already past the point of  no-return :)



Introducing Mutant Sheri trying to take out the beautiful Tessa.  Seriously...it looks like I could eat her for breakfast.  How is it that we could look so much alike, and yet have that much of a size difference?!  It's my parents fault.  Yes, I blame them.  They saved the best for last when it came to the gene pool.




Yes, I was done with all the picture taking - smiling pretty - posing so I don't look fat - crap.  At least we can laugh about it :)
The End.

No comments: