Monday, January 7, 2013

Christmas Crafts

Even though the Christmas season is more busy than is should be, I managed to get a few craft projects done.  I haven't been able to get up and move around a lot - so I had to occupy my time of sitting with something ;) 

This is now proudly displayed in my kitchen.




I actually made this last year - but didn't have a place to put it.  It's one of my favorite Christmas pieces.  It's an up-cycled glass block from an old Christmas decoration.  I managed to piece these images together and had a friend cut them out with her vinyl machine.  I love the way it turned out.  And I love the message.




Made this for my dad.  I saw a little card thing posted on facebook that had this saying.  I loved it, and decided I could easily make a plaque with what rings so true for my father.  He is Santa.  Beard and all :)

We also had an ornament exchange with a few friends.  I got a melted snowman, a gold glittery star and two glass ball ornaments - one with a glass etching and one that looked like Santa's belly.  They were all awesome.  I had fully intended to take pictures...but I forgot.  And now Christmas is put away.  As far as the ornament I made for the exchange?  I thought it turned out pretty good.  I had a lot of fun making them.  It's always a highlight for me when I get to work with all the fun printed scrapbook paper (sad, I know).  I don't have any pictures of them, as I didn't even think about taking any until after I had already given them out.  But, here's a link to where I got the idea.  Of course, I used different paper and ribbon - it turned out nice.  I plan on making more for my kids...just haven't gotten to it yet...maybe by next Christmas?
I thought about just posting the picture she has on her blog - but I don't want to get in trouble with copyright stuff.  

No comments: