Sunday, January 6, 2013

Halloween 2012 - Dr. Seuss

October 2012

Yes, we actually dressed up for Halloween this year.  AND we had a theme.  So we took pics to mark the occasion, because I doubt this will happen again anytime soon.

We have been joking for the last year or so about how Hannah and Luke are like Thing 1 and Thing 2.  Their little blonde heads, bobbing up and down, as they manage to find trouble (much to my dismay) and have fun going about it.  They are best friends.  They play hard.  And they fight hard.  So we decided that we'd make them Thing 1 and Thing 2 for Halloween.  Trace, obviously was Cat in the Hat.  Me, I was the fish, and the baby belly was the fish bowl (hey - it was cheap and I am not big on dressing up - even just this was a big step for me).  Aleana and Trent were "too cool" to be part of a theme - so they did their own thing.  Aleana was a witch and Trent was a vampire.  Of course, they were "too cool" to take pics with us too.  Either that, or we're just not cool enough anymore :)




The costumes were incredibly easy to make and fairly inexpensive.






The hard part was finding an all-red sleeper.  I did find some, however they wanted $30 plus shipping.  I was about to give up, when Walmart pulled through for me.  I found these online - and they could be personalized!  I contemplated putting their first names, but that wouldn't work well for hand-me-downs.  I decided to go for the last name.  In a sense, they were branded :)




At the church Halloween party, another Thing 1 was present.  The kick of it is both of their names are Hannah.  I thought is was pretty funny...as the big Hannah was one of the girls I got to coach last year.  Little Hannah wasn't so pleased that I made her sit still for the picture.  She had better things to do...

No comments: