Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Lazy Dayz of Winter

Getting Trace a Christmas present is a challenge.  I want to get him something nice, and something that he will enjoy.  I also wanted it to be something that he would never suspect.  It had to be something that he wants, as opposed to something he needs.  I looked into a lot of things from electronics to survival kits to guns...and then I thought about this:


Yep, a hammock.  Not just any hammock, but an XL hammock, with a hammock stand.


Every summer, he mentions how nice it would be to have a hammock.  But it's not exactly on the top of the list as far as purchases go.  And I know - who gives a summer present in the middle of the winter? 

Well I knew we could make it fit somewhere in our house :)


So I bit the bullet and got him one.  


The only problem was it didn't come in time for Christmas.  Due to the winter storms in the east - it was delayed...and delayed again.  It didn't actually get here until Jan 2nd.


But I don't think he minded one bit.